Sunday, March 11, 2012


So I created this blog in order to document my first forays into the fabulous world of historical costuming. So far, I haven't posted anything because there is nothing to post (although I am working on embroidering a pair of 18th century pockets....pictures to come). I was inspired to begin work on these pockets by my recent acquisition of a pair of beautiful reproduction shoes by American Duchess. I bought a pair of imperfect (pshaw!) Devonshires for a discounted price from her, with the reasoning that if I have the shoes, I must begin a dress, surely! In any case, I was over the moon to see that she's come out with a new design of 18th c. shoes, the Kensingtons, which have a pointier toe and come in both red and black. Currently she's running a pre-sale at a discounted price. In any case, I am very excited. The shoes are available for pre-order at www.american-duchess.com

No comments:

Post a Comment